Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Preschool? ALREADY??!!!

Yesterday I had the bright idea of checking in with the daycare/preschool in Brian's building on campus. We had put Abigail on the waiting list there over a year ago, and hadn't heard anything. Not surprising, there are very few facilities and 30k students, plus who knows how many university employees.

However, in the past year Brian has switched departments from the medicinal chemistry department to biology, which just happens to be the department that runs the daycare. I looked on their site and realized that contrary to what I previously thought, university employees do NOT get priority wait list placement. BIOLOGY employees do. Since we now fit in that bracket I sent an email over to check our position on the list and inform them that he works there now.

Suddenly, we have a spot if we want it! Which I think we do, but I am suddenly terrified. I could use some advice from ya'll on this one. They have a strict sickness policy, which, due to have the-best-babysitter-of-all-time I've never had to deal with before. Abigail loves her SO much and I hate to pull her out of that, but she is also very advanced for her age and I think a pre-k environment will really help her bloom.

We're trying for another baby so it's possible we could get our sitter back working for us full time down the road, but she'll have to find another job in the meantime.

The daycare looks great. It's a co-op, so I go in and help out a few hours a month and that secures RIDICULOUSLY low tuition. 8am to 6pm for only 700 bucks a month. It's awesome. We pay around 900 right now. It also includes lunch and a snack. The program looks great, they're big on being diverse/tolerant/Green. All things I am a fan of.

The biology building is a two minute walk from the law school, and my hubby will be right upstairs. It seems like a no-brainer but I am scared of the change. Help!

I was thinking maybe we could give our sitter a bit of money per month to just handle emergencies, but that's only assuming her new job is just finding another kid to watch. If she goes out and gets a different job altogether, I just don't know what we'd do. She is THAT good. I really want her to watch the new baby but I'm not even pregnant yet.

THIS is what parenting does to you. Makes you worry about every little thing. I really wish I could call my mom and ask her opinion, but she's on chemo and today is a sick day. Damn it.

Help!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just dropping in to say "hello." I noticed I was on your Blawg Roll (thanks!) and have now placed you on mine. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the blog rolls. I clicked on some of them and they are very informative. Your blog is great too.
    -------------------------------------------------
    irs tax attorney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. As a parent it is okay to worrying about every little things. We want to give our kids the best of the best in this world. :)

    Criminal Defense Attorney Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our mother is the best person in this world. We could expect that they know every little details in this world. :) Thanks for the great write-up.

    Bankruptcy Attorney Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree, this is really called parenting. Parents are doing their best just to show love and care for their children.

    Wites & Kapetan

    ReplyDelete