Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Declining An Offer of Admission

I have come to the point where I am officially decided, and therefore no amount of email bombardment can lure me to a different law school than the one I have chosen. So now, every time I get an email from one of the other schools I get sort of sad and frustrated. In my previous wave of applications, schools sent out little postcards early on, so you could reply back if you decided not to attend. Often, they would reply with a survey asking how you made your decision. No such luck this year, I've had to contact admissions offices directly to tell them I am not attending. Now, I could be patient and wait until it's closer to the seat deposit deadline, but every time I see an email without the Shiny Beautiful Crimson Home State University logo I get disheartened. I need this to stop. I have accepted my decision and I am excited, so I don't want to see awesome programs being flaunted in sexy email campaigns.

Ahem.

Anyway, so I sent out some emails requesting I be noted as "not attending" and hopefully the emails would stop. Nope, now they have me in their contact lists! I don't want to mark them as spam, because what if they legitimately need to contact me! ACK!!!

I could just ignore them or delete them and be a grown-up, but where's the fun in that?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me know you're out here. Congrats on the U of U acceptance!

    ReplyDelete