Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm About to Lose Control and I Think I Like It

I'm so excited! (Hey does anyone remember when Hot Sundae (AKA Kelly Kapowski, Lisa Turtle, and Jessy Spano) sang that song in that episode of Saved By the Bell where Jessy has a drug problem? Cause every time I sing it in my head I hear her voice going "I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so... (horsey squeal sob) SCARED! (more sobbing) and Zack Morris totally takes care of her and helps her kick the stims.)

That was a lot of parentheses. Sorry. Ahem.

Anywho, so I am excited. First, because though I failed miserably at getting the quilt done I did accomplish two major things tonight. I finished baby proofing our cupboards and drawers AND the toilet. No more Abigail pulling all the tupperware lids out of the drawer and throwing them about the kitchen. No more Abigail dipping her pacifier in the potty. No more Abigail coming out of the bathroom with Brian's flossing sticks or my nail polish or lipstick or bottles of hairspray. w00t! And I can return the drill I borrowed from my friend Sarah like two months ago.

I also started a new project I am very very excited about. I have issues. Sarah makes amazing artwork using woodblock technique. If you don't know what that is, read this so you can appreciate her awesomeness. She was working on a new motif when I came by one day, and saw her proof pieces. I begged her to let me have them and she did! So I have these two great pieces I want to hang in my office. They are not standard size, and framing them feels like it will sort of kill the homemadeness. I've been having this dilemma with some photos I want to have printed, as well as little handmade cards and things I make or receive. Frames are expensive, especially custom ones or especially large ones. So I used Google to get ideas of how to avoid this and came upon this site. Awesome idea.

The hardware store didn't have the S-hooks in a small enough size, nor the bulldog clips, so I will have to get those later. I got the wire up, and though it was a little tricky it looks REALLY good. I'm quite proud of how level and evenly spaced the two wires are. I promise to put up some pics as soon as it's all done.

For now I am using my 1L textbooks to flatten the artwork, as it has been rolled up while I've been decorating the office.

Oh, I also bought a staple gun. I am going to reupholster and reshape a sofa, you just watch me! I will post before and after of this as well.

So, I think these projects are being fueled by equal parts excitement and terror. School starts ON MONDAY. What the hell am I doing starting projects like this? No way am I going to have time in the near future for anything but panicking and banging my head against the wall while learning the 1L ropes.

Still, I think it's going to be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is how Slater is in TOTAL denial: "Jessie is NOT doing drugs, PREPPY". Hahaha. And Slater isn't doing steroids, either.

    ReplyDelete